Church of England, All Saints' Parish Church, Winwick
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records of the parish were deposited in 1978 and 1981 and have been given the accession numbers 2681 and 3008 respectively.
This revised catalogue only contains items deposited by the Church.
Administrative / biographical background:
Winwick is an ancient parish. Until 1837 the parish was within the diocese of Lincoln; since then it has belonged to the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon, in the diocese of Ely.
Before 1895 the parish was partly in Huntingdonshire and partly in Northamptonshire. The parish was within the Oundle Poor Law Union 1836-1930, Rural Sanitary District 1875-1894 and was partly within Oundle Rural District in 1894 and was entirely within this body 1895-1935. From 1895 until 1974 Winwick was within the Huntingdon Rural District. Since 1974 the parish has been within Huntingdonshire District.