The firm began business, c.1882, as Drake & Muirhead, concerned with the repair of light domestic appliances such as sewing machines, but in the 1890's branched out into hop spraying machinery, and thereafter concentrated on spraying machinery as its principal item of manufacture. In 1890 the concern was re-christened the Kentish Engineering Works and became Drake & Fletcher in 1898. The limited company was formed in the mid 1920's and from 1958 onwards the firm has held the royal warrant. The records are nearly all advertising publications, covering the range of Drake & Fletcher's products from the 1930's onwards. As well as spraying machinery, the firm also dealt in oast house equipment and fruit and vegetable grading and packing machinery.
TR DRA/P2/A1-111 Individual Advertising and Servicing Publications
TR DRA/P2/A1 Drake & Fletcher, Maidstone, Kent.
TR DRA/P2/A2-111 Drake & Fletcher Ltd., Maidstone, Kent
TR DRA/P7/1 General Booklet. Drake & Fletcher Ltd., Maidstone, Kent