Hertfordshire Territorial and Auxiliary Forces Association
Territorial Auxiliary and Volunteer Reserve Association of East Anglia (1968-)
Closed for 30 years
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records listed in the following inventory were in 1968 designated public records under paragraph 7(2) of the first schedule of the Public Records Act, 1958, and are therefore subject to thirty years access limitation. Later in the same year the Hertfordshire Record Office was appointed official repository for their preservation.
Administrative / biographical background:
In 1968 the Territorial Army was re-organised on a regional, rather than county, basis and as a result the units formerly administered by the Hertfordshire Territorial Force Association, Territorial Army Association and Territorial and Auxiliary Forces Association were placed under the administration of the Territorial Auxiliary and Volunteer Reserve Association of East Anglia.