Baldwin and Walker Ltd, Halifax, manufacturers of knitting wools
3 boxes/0.06 cubic metres
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited : University of Bradford
Accessioned : 1988 Oct 12
Administrative / biographical background:
Baldwin and Walker, manufacturers of knitting wools were established in 1836 and ceased production in 1974 when the premises were purchased by Halifax Corporation to build a dual carriageway (see BW/17-18). Histories of the firm can be found at BW/22-23. They were especially renowned for their "Ladyship Wools"