College of Sarum St Michael, Salisbury, Wiltshire 1966-1978
Diocesan Training College, Salisbury, Wiltshire, c.1890-1966
Diocesan Training College, Salisbury, Wiltshire, 1841-c.1890
Administrative / biographical background:
The Diocesan Training School was established in 1841. It moved to the Kings House site in 1851. It became the Diocesan Training College c.1890, and known as the College of Sarum St. Michael in 1966. In 1903 the Barnard's Cross hostel was opened. Between 1945-1947 St. Boniface Warminster was rented to train extra teachers after the war.
The college closed in 1978, and the premises are now used as the Salisbury Museum.