Catalogue description Records of Lord's Ltd. of Walsall, wine and spirit merchants.
This record is held by Walsall Archives
|Title:||Records of Lord's Ltd. of Walsall, wine and spirit merchants.|
|Date:||1924 - 1965|
|Held by:||Walsall Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||2 Sub fonds|
|Immediate source of acquisition:||
Documents given by Mr. B. Evenson, Walsall.
|Administrative / biographical background:||
The firm began in 1898 in Littleton Street West. It is likely that they were connected in some way with Lord's Brewery in Shortacre Street. The firm moved to Leicester Street in 1927-8 where they remained until c.1970. The firm was taken over by Whittall's Wines in the late 1970's. The collection also includes a few documents relating to Duncan Watt Ltd., wine and spirit merchants, established 1876 as Laing Brothers. The firm operated first from Bridge Street and Lichfield Street from 1932. Duncan Watt was taken over by Lord's in the late 1950's.
|Link to NRA Record:|
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know