Arlesey Industrial and Provident Co-operative Society
Arlesey Industrial and Provident Society Ltd
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of Arlesey Industrial and Co-operative Society. These records were found in the street by Mr. Stephen C.W. Mason of Langford, who rescued them and donated them to the Archives Service, 29 April 1998.
Administrative / biographical background:
Note: The Society was founded in the late C19th (figures quoted in the reports go back to 1878). The word "Co-operative" was dropped from its title in 1923 when the organisation became known as the Arlesey Industrial and Provident Society Ltd.