Church of England, St Benedict's, Bordesley Parish, Birmingham
Church of England, St Oswald's, Bordesley Parish, Birmingham
5 Sub fonds
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by St. Benedict's Church, Bordesley per Rev Matthew Joy, Feb 26 1998
Administrative / biographical background:
St. Benedicts was established as a mission church of St. Oswald's Bordesley in 1898 and was originally a temporary iron church erected on land leased from Mr. C. Wriothesly Digby of Meriden Hall, Coventry, at a nominal rent. Mr. Digby promised the land as a gift to the church if sufficient funds could be raised for the erection of a permanent, brick church on the site and an appeal for this purpose was issued in 1904. The present church was consecrated on 30th April 1910 and the parish was assigned out of St. Oswald's in the same year (see EP130/17/1).