Deposited by Mr. Trickett, 197 Huddersfield Rd., Stalybridge. May 1982.
Administrative / biographical background:
Victor Mill operated from c1905 to 1982. Until 1931 it was owned by the Victor Mill Company Ltd., but in that year, the company went into voluntary liquidation and was taken over by Courtaulds. The owners of Victor Mill also owned and operated two other neighbouring mills, Ray Mill and Premier Mill, and their records are often incorporated with the records of Victor Mill. To help distinguish the records of the individual mills, the documents have been given code numbers as follows:
Victor Mill -(1), Ray Mill -(3), Premier Mill -(7).
In 1983 Victor Mill, together with Albion Mill and Adsheads Mill, has been aquired by the Estates and Industrial Development dept. for demolition.