Email service disruption: Due to planned maintenance our email messaging service will be unavailable for periods this weekend (25-26 September). For confirmation of digital download orders, record copying and paid search requests, visit the order confirmation page.
In 1894 John Pope ran a bakery at 48 De Beauvoir Road, a business continued by Emma Pope to at least 1901. By 1905 the business was in the hands of Arthur Calton. Caltons became a limited company in 1946, and expanded into the old chapel at the rear of the shop premises. The business was sold to another local bakers in 1982.