MILTON UNITED REFORMED (formerly Congregational) CHURCH, WIDNES
1-4 Establishment of the church
5 Deacons' meetings
6-8 Membership records
9 Financial records
12 Organ records
13 Centenary, 1866-1966
The main series of deacons' meetings minutes (M285 MIL/2) do not start until 1879; the various records surviving from the earliest period of the church's existence are therefore given first. An almost contemporary account (1873) of the foundation can be found at 1/4, and "A History of the Early Years" at 13/1.
After the demolition of the church building in 1970, services were continued in the school hall. In 1980 it was decided to unite Milton with Frederick St Methodist church and to use their premises. The final service on Milton's own premises was held on 23 March 1982.