Browse by Records Creators

Tyneview Primary School, Walker

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Alternative name(s):
  • Tyneview Infant and Junior Schools, Walker (Formerly known as)
  • East Walker Council School (Formerly known as)
  • Walker East Board School (Formerly known as)
Date: 1878-1984
History: The school opened on 1 October 1878 as Walker East Board School. The school was located on Welbeck Road. The running of the school was overseen by Longbenton School Board. In 1903 School Boards were abolished and the school soon came under the control of Newcastle Education Committee, becoming known as East Walker Council School. In 1971 the Infant and Junior schools appear to have moved to new premises at Winslow Place, Walker and were renamed Tyneview Infant and Junior Schools.
Places:
  • Walker, Northumberland
Functions, occupations and activities: Schools and Education > Schools
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C8930 (Former ISAAR ref: GB/NNAF/O102695 )
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1878-1984: records incl admission registers, stock books, log book, reports
Tyne and Wear Archives
See Annual Return 2002, 2014

Sharing will require cookies. Show details