Browse by Records Creators

Corporation of Trinity House

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Date: 1454-2000
  • London
Functions, occupations and activities: Government (central) > Trinity House
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C2188 (Former ISAAR ref: GB/NNAF/O48958 )
Number Description Held by Reference Further information
1454-2000: constitutional records, minutes, financial records, corresp, lighthouse and navigation records, pilotage records, estate and charity records and misc papers
London Metropolitan Archives: City of London
NRA 32909 Trinity
1829-52: applications for pensions to the 1st Duke of Wellington, Master of Trinity House
University of Southampton Library
NRA 20085
c1836-43: notes on lighthouses and light vessels visited by Captain Webank, elder brother of Trinity House
Plymouth Archives, The Box
NRA 7944 Welbank
1900-1993: plans of Dovercourt High Lighthouse and Essex beacons
Essex Record Office
See Annual Return 2012
20th cent: plans of Stoneness Lighthouse, West Thurrock
Essex Record Office
See Annual Return 2008
1949-1983: plans for store at Sennen Cove for Longships Lighthouse and Cornish beacons incl Crow Rock Beacon, Isles of Scilly
Archives and Cornish Studies Service (formerly Cornwall Record Office)
See Annual Return 2012
1950-1999: plans of lighthouses Bideford, Lundy and Lymouth
North Devon Record Office (South West Heritage Trust)
See Annual Return 2008
c1950-1999: plans of Orfordness and Southwold
Suffolk Archives - Ipswich
See Annual Return 2008
1950-1999: plans of Berry Head and Start Point lighthouses
Devon Archives and Local Studies Service (South West Heritage Trust)
See Annual Return 2011
1958-1998: Plans, equipment schedules, electrical and engineering drawings relating to Nash Point Lighthouse, near St Donats (1958-1998), and Flatholm Lighthouse (1987).
Glamorgan Archives
1959-1988: plans of the River Dee Buoy Store at Mostyn Duck
North East Wales Archives (NEWA), Flintshire Record Office
See Annual Return 2013
c1960-1989: plans for coastal features incl lighthouses and piers around Anglesey
Archifau Ynys Mon / Anglesey Archives
See Annual Return 2012
1960-1993: plans of sark lighthouse
Island Archives, Guernsey
See Annual Return 2008
c1967-95: plans, sections and details of Mumbles lighthouse
West Glamorgan Archive Service
See Annual Return 2008
1986: maps of Bardsey Island
Gwynedd Archives, Caernarfon Record Office
journals of tours of inspection
National Maritime Museum: The Caird Library and Archive
NRA 20623