Browse by Records Creators

Ysgol Llanferres

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Alternative name(s):
  • Llanferres National School (Formerly known as)
  • Llanferres Endowed School (Formerly known as)
  • Ysgol John Davies, Llanferres (Formerly known as)
  • Ysgol Bro Fammau (Later known as)
Date: 1863-2007
History: Llanferres National/Endowed School was opened in 1763 when the original school house was built. The school ceased to have aided status and became a Controlled School 1953 and it eventually closed in December 1976 A new school built on a new site opened 1977, named Ysgol John Davies, Llanferres. Became a cluster school in 1991 with Ysgol Llanarmon yn Ial and Ysgol Graianrhyd. Later the school federated with Ysgol Llanarmon-yn-Ial, and became a twin site school named Ysgol Bro Fammau.
Places:
  • Llanferres, Denbighshire
Functions, occupations and activities: Schools and Education > Schools
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C304582
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1863-2007: records incl log books, admission registers and managers' minutes
North East Wales Archives (NEWA), Denbighshire Archives
See Annual Return 2017

Sharing will require cookies. Show details

Related record creators
  Record creator Description of relationship Dates Category of relationship
1
Federated later twinned
Temporal
2
Federated
Temporal