Gosforth East Middle School
This page summarises records created by this Organisation
The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.
|History:||The School opened in 1959 as Gosforth East County Secondary School. Gosforth was part of the County of Northumberland and so the school was under the control of Northumberland County Council Education Committee. In the early 1970s Northumberland County Council adopted the three-tier system of education and the school became known as Gosforth East Middle School. Following local government reorganisation in 1974, Gosforth became part of Newcastle and the school came under the jurisdiction of Newcastle City Council. The school is located on Harewood Road, Gosforth. Plans of the school are available in the building control records of Gosforth Urban District Council. See UD.GO/81 for an index to these.|
|Functions, occupations and activities:||Schools and Education > Schools|
|Name authority reference:||GB/NNAF/C287657|