Whitburn Junior Mixed School
This page summarises records created by this Organisation
The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.
|History:||The first Whitburn Village School was built in 1824 as a church school. It was so successful that there were soon plans to build a larger school to also include an infants school. It was decided that the old school should become a boys school and the new school would be for girls and infants. The new school opened in 1856. In 1864 the original school now became the Infants School and the new school became Whitburn Junior Mixed School. The Infants School closed in 1931 when the Junior Mixed School took over responsibility for 5 year olds to 11 year olds. For records of Whitburn Infants School, please see E.WHB1.|
|Functions, occupations and activities:||Schools and Education > Schools|
|Name authority reference:||GB/NNAF/C287576|