Browse by Records Creators

Gowerton Girls' Grammar School

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Alternative name(s):
  • Gowerton Intermediate Girls' School (Also known as)
Date: 1920-1972
History: Gowerton County School opened 1896 in Talbot Street as a co-educational Intermediate school. In 1940 the Talbot Street school became a boys' grammar. A separate girls' grammar school opened on Cecil Road. In 1973 Gowerton Girls' Grammar School and Gowerton Boys' Grammar School merged to form Gowerton Comprehensive School. The Upper School was at Cecil Road and the Middle School was on Talbot Road. In 1987 the school was centralised on the Cecil Road site.
Places:
  • Gowerton, Glamorgan
Functions, occupations and activities: Schools and Education > Schools
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C243033
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1920-1972: records
West Glamorgan Archive Service
Related record creators
  Record creator Description of relationship Dates Category of relationship
1
Gowerton Girls' Grammar School merged with Gowerton Boys' Grammar School to form Gowerton Comprehensive School
Associative