Browse by Records Creators

St Peter's Council Schools, Byker

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Alternative name(s):
  • St Lawrence Board School (Formerly known as)
  • St Peter's Primary School (Also known as)
Date: 1924-1967
History: Originally opened in 1872 as St Lawrence Board School, in temporary premises. The permanent school opened in July 1876 as a Mixed and Infants school. The Senior department closed in 1935 and that part of the premises was subsequently used as a Girls Junior Instruction Centre. The Infants and Junior schools merged in 1956 to form St Peter's Primary School. The school closed in 1967.
Places:
  • Byker, Northumberland
Functions, occupations and activities: Schools and Education > Schools
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C228983
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1924-1967: records incl log books, admission registers, reports, corresp
Tyne and Wear Archives

Sharing will require cookies. Show details