Browse by Records Creators

Jesmond Synagogue

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Date: 1915-2002
History: Originally conceived as a branch of the Leazes Park Synagogue for families who had moved out of the city centre, but eventually founded in 1914 as an independent congregation. The synagogue, in Eskdale Terrace, was opened in 1915. In 1973 it became part of the new United Hebrew Congregation, and subsequently closed.
Places:
  • Jesmond, Northumberland
Functions, occupations and activities: Religious Faiths (Non-Christian) > Judaism
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C67469 (Former ISAAR ref: GB/NNAF/O77515 )
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1915-86: minutes, accounts, reports and papers
Tyne and Wear Archives
NRA 41615
2
c1976-1989: burial index (Heaton/Hazlerigg)
Tyne and Wear Archives
See Annual Return 2012
3
c1977-2002: burial index (Heaton/Hazlerigg)
Tyne and Wear Archives
See Annual Return 2012

Sharing will require cookies. Show details