Browse by Records Creators

Ampthill parish

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Date: 1485-1995
History: An ancient parish in the hundred of Redbornstoke. In 1835 it was included in Ampthill Poor Law Union, which established a Rural Sanitary Authority in 1875. A separate Urban Sanitary District for Ampthill parish was set up in 1893 and became an Urban District the following year. At local government reorganisation in 1974 Ampthill UD was abolished and became part of Mid Bedfordshire District. In 2009 this unit was in turn abolished and replaced by Central Bedfordshire Unitary Authority.
Places:
  • Ampthill, Bedfordshire
Sources of authority: F.A. Youngs, Guide to the local administrative units of England, vol. 1, 1980, p.4
Functions, occupations and activities: Parishes >
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C62402 (Former ISAAR ref: GB/NNAF/O3975 )
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1485-1995: records
Bedfordshire Archives & Records Service
2
1724: poor rate
Bedfordshire Archives & Records Service
NRA 17140 Russell

Sharing will require cookies. Show details

Related record creators
  Record creator Description of relationship Dates Category of relationship
1
Ampthill parish was included in Ampthill Poor Law Union
1835-1930
Hierarchical
2
Ampthill parish was included in Ampthill Rural Sanitary District until 1893 when a separate Ampthill Urban Sanitary District was created.
1875-1893
Hierarchical
3
Ampthill parish was the sole parish included in Ampthill Urban Sanitary District (1893-94) and Ampthill Urban District (1894-1974)
1893-1974
Hierarchical
4
Ampthill parish was included in the administrative county of Bedfordshire
1889-2009
Hierarchical
5
Ampthill parish was included in Mid Bedfordshire District from 1974-2009 when the district was abolished and replaced by Central Bedfordshire Unitary Authority
1974-2009
Hierarchical