Browse by Records Creators

Moreton-in-Marsh Cottage Hospital

This page summarises records created by this Organisation

The summary includes a brief description of the collection(s) (usually including the covering dates of the collection), the name of the archive where they are held, and reference information to help you find the collection.

Date: 1873-1968
History: Moreton-in-Marsh Cottage Hospital was opened in 1873 at the suggestion of Dr. Leonard Yelf and with the support of Lord Redesdale. It was housed in a purpose-built building, to which extensions were made in 1882, 1908 and 1935. The hospital was financed by voluntary contributions until taken over by the National Health Service in 1948, and was still in use as a Minor Injuries Unit in 2012.
Places:
  • Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire
Functions, occupations and activities: Health and social care > Hospitals
Name authority reference: GB/NNAF/C52752 (Former ISAAR ref: GB/NNAF/O68851 )
Collections
  Description Held by Reference Further information
1
1873-1948: minutes, annual reports, visitors book, matron's monthly reports and lists of patients
Gloucestershire Archives
NRA 16986
2
c1885-1968: midwives' registers of cases, minutes of meetings and ephemera
Gloucestershire Archives
3
1936: photographs
Gloucestershire Archives

Sharing will require cookies. Show details