Antigua: reports on the removal of a 'slum' [Hyndman's Village] and the creation of a...
Ordering and viewing options
This record has not been digitised and cannot be downloaded.
Request a quotation for a copy to be digitised or printed and sent to you.
You must have a reader's ticket to view this record
If you already have a reader's ticket you can order the record to be ready for you when you visit us.Order in advance
Or, you can order the record when you arrive.
More ways to view this record
Antigua: reports on the removal of a 'slum' [Hyndman's Village] and the creation of a small model village at Clare Hall, which has not yet been rendered but he 'hasten' [s] to 'remedy the omission'; reports on housing conditions; states 'I believe I am correct in stating that, nowhere in the British West Indies, are the working people more wretchedly housed and more detached from the land than in Antigua'; despatch includes several photographs of housing and people.
Leeward Islands No. 124, Folios 138 - 155.
|Date:||1914 Mar 26|
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Former reference in its original department||13702/1914|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- CO - Records of the Colonial Office, Commonwealth and Foreign and Commonwealth Offices, Empire Marketing Board, and related bodies
- Correspondence with the colonies, entry books and registers of correspondence
- CO 152 - Colonial Office and predecessors: Leeward Islands, Original Correspondence
- Correspondence, Original - Secretary of State.
- CO 152/340 - Despatches.
- CO 152/340/23 - Antigua: reports on the removal of a 'slum' [Hyndman's Village] and the creation of a...