Records of St. Margaret's Parish Church, Fletton
|Title:||Records of St. Margaret's Parish Church, Fletton|
|Held by:||Huntingdonshire Archives, not available at The National Archives|
Fletton is an ancient parish within the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon. Until 1837 it was part of the Diocese of Lincoln; since 1837 it has been part of the Diocese of Ely.
Fletton belonged to Peterborough Poor Law Union from 1836 until 1930. From 1874-1894 the parish was split between Peterborough Urban Sanitary District, Peterborough Rural Sanitary District and Peterborough Municipal Borough, which was part of the Soke of Peterborough Administrative County (1889-1894). The part formally covered by the Municipal Borough became Old Fletton Urban District, 1894-1938. Fletton Rural, the part not covered by the Municipal Borough, was in the Norman Cross Rural District 1895-1905 and Old Fletton Urban District 1905-1938. In 1938 the district was renamed Fletton. Since 1974 the parish has been within Huntingdonshire District.
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|