MACCLESFIELD ST ALBAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
|Title:||MACCLESFIELD ST ALBAN CATHOLIC CHURCH|
|Held by:||Cheshire Archives and Local Studies, not available at The National Archives|
The first Catholic register of baptisms for Macclesfield was commenced in 1795 by a French refugee, Fr Louis Robin. The register was later kept at St Alban's. By 1801 the Catholic congregation in the town numbered about 90. St Alban's church was begun in 1839 and opened in 1841. It was designed by A W Pugin in the perpendicular style and cost £8,000. The tower was never completed. The building, in Chester Road, contained 600 sittings. It was not consecrated until 1931.
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|