WARRINGTON BANK STREET, later BOLD STREET WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL
|Title:||WARRINGTON BANK STREET, later BOLD STREET WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL|
Registers of baptisms
Registers of marriages
Roll of members
WOMENS' WORK LOCAL COMMITTEE
LOCAL YOUTH COUNCIL
SUNDAY SCHOOL SECRETARY
Admission and attendance registers
MUTUAL IMPROVEMENT SOCIETY
Correspondence and papers
|Date:||1779 - 1977|
|Held by:||Cheshire Archives and Local Studies, not available at The National Archives|
A Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was established in Bank Street in 1778. By 1849, it was proving inadequate for the growing congregation and a new chapel was built in Bold Street, which opened in 1850.
In 1963 the chapel in Bewsey Road was closed and the Society amalgamated with Bold Street. In 1970 Ellesmere Street Chapel was similarly closed and amalgamated with Bold Street.
In 1973-75 the Bold Street site was redeveloped: the old church was demolished and a new one opened in 1975.
The Sunday School was established in Buttermarket Street in 1817. In 1884 work began on a new Sunday School adjacent to the church in Bold Street. The redundant buildings in Buttermarket Street were then used by the Buttermarket Street Wesleyan Mission which developed into the Ellesmere Street Society. (See EMS 256).
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|