St Saviour, Pimlico and Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road
|Title:||St Saviour, Pimlico and Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road|
|Reference:||Accession 1473/Accession 1504/Accession 1575|
St Saviour, Pimlico
Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road
|Date:||1852 - 1983|
|Held by:||City of Westminster Archives Centre, not available at The National Archives|
St Saviour, Pimlico was built by Thomas Cundy. The foundation stone was laid on 20 June 1863 and the church was consecrated on 16 July 1864. The parish was combined with St James-the-Less, Thorndike Street in 1974.
Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road (also known as Holy Trinity, Bessborough Gardens) was built by J L Pearson on land given to the parish by Thomas Cubitt. The foundation stone was laid on 8 November 1849 and the church was consecrated in 1852. During the 2nd World War the church was burnt out and it was eventually demolished in 1953.
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|