Small Pox Hospital
|Title:||Small Pox Hospital|
|Held by:||London Metropolitan Archives: City of London, not available at The National Archives|
Note: The hospital to which the first three registers listed below relate was situated in the parish of St. Pancras on the site of the present King's Cross Station. The institution had moved here from Windmill Street, Tottenham Court Road, in 1746, and had been rebuilt c. 1793-4 when it received patients from the Cold Bath Fields Hospital in Clerkenwell, a foundation originating in Islington in 1740.
The hospital moved from King's Cross to Highgate Hill c.1846, and from there to Clare Hall, South Minns c.1895-9. It was acquired by the Middlesex Districts Joint Small Pox Hospital Board c.1900-10. Clare Hall Hospital is now under the control of the Barnet Group Hospital Management Committee.
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|