H.M. Customs and Excise, Newcastle Customs House
|Title:||H.M. Customs and Excise, Newcastle Customs House|
EX.NC/1/1-37 Registers of ships, 1786 - 1872 (37 volumes)
Give details of ships registered with name and description (later volumes give further details of construction), owners. Vessels are numbered individually each year. See also EX.NC/2/1-17 and EX.NC/3 below
EX.NC/2/1-17 Transactions registers 1855 - 1931 (17 volumes)
Details of ships sold, transferred etc, with shareholders and other notes. See also EX.NC/3
EX.NC/3 Transfer book 1856 - 1867 (1 volume)
Related to series EX.NC1 above, but used for vessels 26/1856 to 40/1867 to "avoid confusion".
|Date:||1786 - 1931|
|Held by:||Tyne and Wear Archives, not available at The National Archives|
Until 1848 Newcastle was the only Customs House on the River Tyne, after which date a separate Customs House was established for Shields and Blyth, located at South Shields.
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|