RECORDS OF THE LIVERPOOL HYDRAULIC POWER COMPANY
|Title:||RECORDS OF THE LIVERPOOL HYDRAULIC POWER COMPANY|
The records comprise inspection reports, records & costs books and miscellaneous items
|Held by:||National Museums Liverpool: Maritime Archives and Library, not available at The National Archives|
B/LHPC/1/1 - 10 Inspection Reports 1887 - 1964
B/LHPC/2/1 - 3 Mains Books 1887 - 1954
B/LHPC/3/1 - 2 Service Pipes Books 1887 - 1957
B/LHPC/4/1 Mains Sheets 1932 - 1944
B/LHPC/5/1 Particulars of Trenches and Mains 1936 - 1970
B/LHPC/6/1 Cost Book (?) 1922 - 1938
B/LHPC/7/1 Miscellaneous 1952
The firm was established in 1884 and its hydraulic mains served the whole of the business centre of the city, covering 30 miles in all. The central pumping station was in Athol Street. The power it produced was used for lifts, cranes, capstans, machinery and fire protection.
|Conditions of access:||
This collection is stored in the reserve store and is available by advance appointment only.
|Link to NRA Record:|