SOUTH LONDON DWELLINGS COMPANY LTD
|Title:||SOUTH LONDON DWELLINGS COMPANY LTD|
The Company's Lambeth premises, known as Surrey Lodge, were on the north-west corner of the junction of Lambeth Road and Kennington Road. The annual report for 1879 (the 2nd Annual Report) records that the high blocks and cottages were almost finished. The prime mover was Miss Emma Cons, to whose plans the Lodge was built, and who was a director for many years. She ran Surrey Lodge and from 1884 for a number of years submitted an annual 'Letter' dealing with such things as the sanatorium, the library, evening classes, day nurseries, tenants' case histories, and various 'treats.' In 1903 and 1910 the Letter also reports a 'census,' giving residents' occupations. After Emma's death in 1912 her sister Ellen carried on the work, but the Letters ceased.
|Held by:||Lambeth Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Link to NRA Record:|