Kings College London Biochemistry Department
|Title:||Kings College London Biochemistry Department|
The records of the Biochemistry Department at King's College London comprise minutes, correspondence, research notes, off-prints of journal articles and photographs, 1967-1994. These include minutes of committees of the Faculty of Life Sciences, School of Life, Basic Medical and Health Sciences, and Institute for Molecular Cell Biology, 1979-1991; correspondence and research reports of PhD students, 1967-1991; correspondence relating to project grant applications, academic and technology audits and staff promotion and training, 1984-1991; general correspondence concerning the Faculty of Life Sciences, 1985-1987; papers by research students of Professor Michael Scrutton, 1989; experimental research notes on cell membranes, 1994; material relating to The biomedical journal, including notes for contributors and publicity, 1985-1993; bound volumes of journal publications by departmental staff, 1972-1983; off-prints of articles by Professor Michael Scrutton, King's College London, 1980-1992; publications on laboratory safety and on departmental strategy, 1981-1988; photographs of students and staff including some joint honours and medical students, 1967-1988.
|Held by:||King's College London: Liddell Hart Centre for Military Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Restriction on use:||
Copies, subject to the condition of the original, may be supplied for research use only. Requests to publish original material should be submitted to the Director of Archive Services.
Biochemistry formed part of the Department of Physiology, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry and Histology in the Faculty of Medicine from 1925. This changed its name to the Department of Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology in 1937. Biochemistry became a discreet department in 1958 and was incorporated into the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences in King's College School of Medicine and Dentistry in 1983, the Faculty of Science in 1985, the Faculty of Life Sciences, 1986, and the School of Life, Basic Medical and Health Sciences in 1989. It now forms part of the Division of Life Sciences within the School of Health and Life Sciences.
|Unpublished Finding Aids:||
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Conditions of access:||
Research considered on its merits