EPSOM AND EWELL COTTAGE HOSPITAL, RECORDS
|Title:||EPSOM AND EWELL COTTAGE HOSPITAL, RECORDS|
|Held by:||Surrey History Centre, not available at The National Archives|
Epsom and Ewell Cottage Hospital was opened at Pembroke Cottages, Pikes Hill, Epsom, on 24 April 1873. Patients were taken from Epsom and neighbouring parishes. The hospital was financially supported by subscriptions and donations but patients were also expected to make weekly payments during their stay. In 1877 the hospital moved to Hawthorn Place in Epsom. The town chose to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria by building a new hospital in Alexandra Road, Epsom, to the designs of J R Harding, the town surveyor, which was opened in 1889. The hospital was incorporated into the National Health Service in 1948. It closed in 1988 and was replaced by Epsom and Ewell Community Hospital in Nov 1990.
|Immediate Source Of Acquisition:||
|Conditions of access:||
Records relating to named patients are closed to public inspection for 100 years (ref: 6323/6/1-6); 6323/2/1 & 6323/4/1 are closed for 30 years.
|Link to NRA Record:|