Lease by Sir John Clopton of Clopton, Knt., to Samuel Sharpe of Bridgetowne, 'coller-maker' of the messuage called the Talbott in which he, the lessee, now dwells, in Bridgetowne, with its appurtenances, a parcel of meadow called the Lower part of Harringtons Leyes containing 7½ acres and a close called Brickhills Close containing 5 acres, all in Bridgetowne, for 21 years, at a yearly rent of £28.
Witnesses: Thomas Tims, N. Mason.
Seal: Clopton arms.
|Date:||20 May 1698|
|Held by:||Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, not available at The National Archives|