This collection, from the Newcastle architectural practice 'Charlewood Curry', contains plans, drawings and photographs for a number of significant ecclesiastical and other buildings constructed, extended and/or restored by the partnership in its various stages (from its beginnings as 'Austin & Johnson' through to the 'Hicks & Charlewood', 'Wilson & Wilson' and 'Charlewood, Curry, Wilson & Atkinson' partnerships).
The collection includes parish churches at Ashington, Eppleton, Ford, Gosforth, Haltwhistle, Jesmond, Keswick, and Whitburn; Methodist churches at Gateshead and Kenton; vicarage buildings at Shilbottle, Heddon on the wall and Sedgefield; church halls at Berwick, Jarrow and Monkseaton; cathedral buildings at Carlisle, Ripon, Newcastle and not least Zanzibar. Gatehouse/Tarset Pele, Haughton Castle, Morpeth Courthouse, Durham St Chad's College and Brough Park are just some of the secular buildings included in the collection.
The collection also contains some plans and drawings from the local architects H H Atkinson and H L Honeyman, as well as a few from other architects and architectural firms connected with Charlewood Curry through various building projects.
There are also a large number of photographs and some architectural survey notebooks/sketchbooks (dating from 1875-1948) as well as some correspondence.