Catalogue description SANDBACH PARISH

This record is held by Cheshire Archives and Local Studies

Details of P56
Reference: P56
Title: SANDBACH PARISH
Description:

Early Registers. 1562-1801.

 

Registers of Christenings. 1799-1986.

 

Registers of Marriages. 1754-1996.

 

Registers of Burials. 1801-1946.

 

Church Buildings. 1848-1838.

 

School. 1938-1960.

 

Cranage Enclosure Award. 1782.

 

Tithe Awards. 1839-1924.

 

Railway Plans. 1845-1890.

 

Miscellaneous Maps. 18th cent., 1828.

 

Registers of Services

 

Registers of Banns

 

Register of Confirmation

 

Property and Income, Personal , Publications and other records, Churchwardens and Vestry

 

Parish Property, Visitation, Parochial Church Council, Charities

Date: 1562-2002
Held by: Cheshire Archives and Local Studies, not available at The National Archives
Language: English
Creator:

Church of England, Sandbach Parish, Cheshire

Physical description: 24 Series
Immediate source of acquisition:

Acc. 1256, 1278, 1468, 1508

 

The Cranage enclosure award P56/7 was given to the office in February 1967 by Cyril Massey, Esq., L.R.I.B.A., of Sandbach, who received it after the death in 1964 of Canon betts, rector of Sandbach. The Twemlow Tithe Award P56/8/14 was deposited in March 1969 by Alan Garner of Blackden. The remaining records were deposited by the Rector in June 1967 and in January 1969

 

Acc 6341 P5G/G341/1-88

 

Received

 

From Canon J P Martin

 

The Rectory, Brereton

 

Sandbach CW11 9RY

 

Date 27 April 1983

 

Accession No. 3243

 

Class Ref. P56/32/43

 

Acc 4115 P56/4115

 

Received

 

From Canon J P Martin

 

The Rectory

 

Bereton, Sandbach CW11 9RY

 

Date 3 March 1983

 

Accession No. 3207

 

Class Ref P56/3207

 

Received

 

From Rev D W G Stocker

 

The Vicarage

 

15 Offley Road, Sandbach

 

Date 28 June 1984

 

Accession No. 3485

 

Class Ref. P56/3485/1-2

Subjects:
  • Sandbach, Cheshire
Administrative / biographical background:

The ancient parish of Sandbach comprised the fourteen townships of Arclid, Betchton, Blackden, Bradwall, Church Hulme, Cotton, Cranage, Goostrey cum Barnshaw, Hassall, Leese, Rudheath Earnshaw, Sandbach, Twemlow and Wheelock. The townships of Church Hulme, Cotton and Cranage formed the chapelry of Church Hulme. The townships of Blackden, Goostrey cum Barnshaw, Leese, and Twemlow formed the chapelry of Goostry.

 

The following new parishes were formed in the nineteenth century:

 

1840 Wheelock: township of Wheelock.

 

1847 Elworth: township of Bradwall , part of Sandbach township, and parts of the townships of Elton, Moston and Tetton in Warmingham parish.

 

18601 Sandbach Heath: part of Sandbach township

Have you found an error with this catalogue description?

Help with your research