Church of England, St Margaret's Parish Church, Fletton
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records were deposited by the parish as accession 3406 and 3440 in 1985 and accession 4413 in 1995.
This revised catalogue only includes items deposited by the Church.
Administrative / biographical background:
Fletton is an ancient parish within the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon. Until 1837 it was part of the Diocese of Lincoln; since 1837 it has been part of the Diocese of Ely.
Fletton belonged to Peterborough Poor Law Union from 1836 until 1930. From 1874-1894 the parish was split between Peterborough Urban Sanitary District, Peterborough Rural Sanitary District and Peterborough Municipal Borough, which was part of the Soke of Peterborough Administrative County (1889-1894). The part formally covered by the Municipal Borough became Old Fletton Urban District, 1894-1938. Fletton Rural, the part not covered by the Municipal Borough, was in the Norman Cross Rural District 1895-1905 and Old Fletton Urban District 1905-1938. In 1938 the district was renamed Fletton. Since 1974 the parish has been within Huntingdonshire District.