CUMBERLOW LODGE, APPROVED SCHOOL AND REMAND HOME SOUTH NORWOOD: General
This record is held by London Metropolitan Archives: City of London
|Title:||CUMBERLOW LODGE, APPROVED SCHOOL AND REMAND HOME SOUTH NORWOOD: General|
|Held by:||London Metropolitan Archives: City of London, not available at The National Archives|
|Administrative / biographical background:||
This establishment, previously the Lewisham Children's Home, Chalfont Road, S.E.25, was taken over from the Board of Guardians in 1930 and renamed Cumberlow Lodge Residential School. It was run in conjunction with Peckham Cottage Home.. (See Education series). In 1935 the Council decided that Cumberlow Lodge should be converted into an approved school for girls. This use continued until 1950, when Cumberlow Lodge became a remand home for girls.