Records of St John the Evangelist, Little Gidding
This record is held by Huntingdonshire Archives
|Title:||Records of St John the Evangelist, Little Gidding|
|Held by:||Huntingdonshire Archives, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||8 Pages|
|Immediate source of acquisition:||
The records were deposited as accession 2597, in 1977 and 1978; 3006 in 1981; 3065 in 1982; 4648 in 1999; and 4649 in 1999. 2597 incorporates two other deposits made in 1978.
Accessions 2597 and 3006 were deposited by the parish. 3065 was deposited by the Information Librarian at Huntingdon Library; 4648 by the Parish Council; and 4649 by the Friends of Little Gidding Society.
|Administrative / biographical background:||
Little Gidding is an ancient parish. It belongs to the archdeaconry of Huntingdon. Until 1837 it belonged to the diocese of Lincoln; since 1837 it has been in the diocese of Ely.
The parish was part of Oundle Poor Law Union 1836-1930, Oundle Rural Sanitary District 1875-1894, Oundle Rural District 1894-1935, and Huntingdon Rural District 1935-1974. Since 1974 it has belonged to Huntingdonshire District.
|Link to NRA Record:|