|Administrative / biographical background:
When first established at the beginning of the 19th century, the Circuit comprised chapels in Warrington, Runcorn, Lymm, Moor, Whitley, Preston, Boothbank, Northwood, Warburton, Whitley Reed and Nook, Halton and Weston. After Runcorn Circuit was established in 1848, the Circuit comprised Warrington, Lymm, Penketh, Moor, Whitley, Antrobus, Appleton, Padgate, Hatton, Martinscroft and Sankey Bridges.
Following the union of the Methodist Churches in 1933, the Circuit was briefly entitled the Warrington (Bold Street) Circuit. It comprised Warrington Bold Street, Bewsey Road, Ellesmere Street and Norris Street, Sankey Bridges, Latchford, Lymm, Penketh, Moore, Whitley, Antrobus, Appleton, Padgate, Martinscroft, Stockton Heath and Winwick.