Incorporated Company of Skinners and Glovers, Newcastle upon Tyne
Immediate source of acquisition:
Accession 1197 (part)
Administrative / biographical background:
The Company of Skinners was established by an Ordinary of 20 January 1437. In 1648 the Glovers rented part of the Skinners Meeting House at an annual rent of 5 shillings. The Glovers appear to have been incorporated with the Skinners in approximately 1703.