SHEFFIELD & LINCOLNSHIRE JUNCTION RAILWAY (Clarborough to Lincoln)
Although Parliament had rejected the London & York branch to Sheffield in favour of the main line of this company (see plans 23 and 27), no decision had been made about the respective Lincoln branches, for which purpose this modified Bill was introduced. Authorised by Act 9 & 10 Vic. cap.319 on 3 August 1846, over a course identical to that of the Great Northern's Lincoln-Gainsborough section, agreement was reached for the Great Northern to build 7½ miles of the line from Lincoln for their mutual use, in return for running powers into Sheffield. The G.N. line was opened on 9 April 1849 and the M.S. & L.R. (see under plan 23 for the amalgamation) line from Clarborough to Sykes Junction on 7 August 1850.