The Chichester Diocesan Authorities purchased the church site on the Moulsecoomb housing estate from Brighton Corporation. It was then part of Patcham parish, and the vicar of Patcham, the Rev James Holroyde, erected a hut on the north-west corner of the land early in 1922. On 11 November of the same year it was replaced by a temporary church on the south-east side of the site. The building had previously stood in Lewes, and was apparently called St Barnabas, although it has not proved possible to identify its precise location. A permanent structure was consecrated on 23 June 1934; the district of St Andrew, Moulsecoomb, became a parish in the same year.
St George's Church Hall opened in North Moulsecoomb in May 1930.
St Francis's Church, Moulsecoomb Way, a chapel of ease, opened for services on 18 July 1943. It was let to the Education Authorities in April 1956, and sold to the Roman Catholic Church in 1957. The money was used for the building of a new church hall next to St Andrew's Church, the foundation stone of which was laid on 29 Aug 1957.
From around 1956 to 1982 the parish was called Stanmer with Falmer and Moulsecoomb.
Summary of contents:
PAR423/1/2 Baptism registers; 1922-1982
PAR423/1/3 Marriage registers; 1923-1983
PAR423/1/4 Banns registers; 1962-1966, 1982 -1995
PAR423/1/6 Confirmation records; -1960
PAR423/3 Service registers; 1922-1995
PAR423/4 Buildings; 1932-1997
PAR423/7 Other records; 1980-1986
PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL
PAR423/14 Minutes; 1923-1990
PAR423/15 Accounts; 1957-1983
PAR423/16 Other records;  - 1938