Most of the records relate to Morgan's Hill Independent/Congregational chapel.
Registers, minutes, accounts; Sunday School Teachers minute book and rent book; Ministers papers; plans; insurance, specifications and estimates for chapel building; deeds and letter. Also registers for Bradford-on-Avon, Freshford and Winsley.
The Independent chapel at Morgan's Hill was formed by a group who seceded from the Grove Chapel in 1739. They met first in the house of John Pitman (licensed 10 Jan 1739) and then in a newly erected house in 1740 near to St. Margaret's Street joining Morgan's Hill (licensed 7 Apr 1741). The chapel was endowed by Walter Grant of Monkton Farleigh and by John Pitman.
The chapel became congregational in the 19th century, the United Reformed Church in 1972 and joined with the Methodists in 1982 to become the United Church.