PENN AND WIDOW SMITH ALMSHOUSES
This record is held by London Metropolitan Archives: City of London
|Title:||PENN AND WIDOW SMITH ALMSHOUSES|
|Held by:||London Metropolitan Archives: City of London, not available at The National Archives|
|Physical description:||0.1 linear foot|
|Administrative / biographical background:||
Situated at Greenwich South Street, the almshouses were founded in 1884 by Ellen Penn following the death of her husband John Penn who was an engineer with works in Blackheath Road. A further two almshouses were added when Widow Mary Ann Smith's charity was included in the Penn benefaction.