For records relating to the administration of the hospital 1892-1930 see the archives of the Metropolitan Asylums Board, including minutes of the North Eastern Hospital Sub-Committee 1892-1930 (ref: MAB 994-1012), papers concerning the purchase of land at Tottenham 1901 and 1919 (ref: MAB 2409) and a report on the cubicle system of isolation 1908 (ref: MAB 2410)
For records of the administration of the hospital 1930-1948 see the records of the London County Council, especially minutes of the North Eastern Hospital Sub-Committee 1930-1948 (ref: LCC/MIN/2570-2572), papers on the reception of typhus cases 1941-1942 (ref: LCC/PH/HOSP/3/62), papers on the treatment of tuberculosis 1943-1946 (ref: LCC/PH/GEN/4/198), and a survey and plan of the hospital buildings 1929-1930 (ref: LCC/AR/CB/3/3).
The archives of King Edward's Hospital Fund for London which have been deposited in the Greater London Record Office include reports on St Ann's Hospital 1950-1968 (ref: A/KE/735/51, A/KE/738/70). The Greater London Photograph Library has several photographs of the hospital taken between 1935 and 1940.
Volume transferred by the Contemporary Medical Archives Centre, Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine, 25 January 1991 (Acc 2888)
Administrative / biographical background:
The North Eastern Fever Hospital was opened by the Metropolitan Asylums Board on 8 October 1892 to treat patients suffering from fever and diphtheria. It was situated in St Ann's Road, South Tottenham, London N15. In 1930 the London County Council took over the running of the hospital from the Metropolitan Asylums Board. In 1948 it became part of the National Health Service under the control of the North East Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board and Tottenham Hospital Management Committee. The hospital was renamed St Ann's General Hospital in 1949 or 1950. From 1982 it has been the responsibility of Haringey Health Authority.