Church of England, Church of St John the Baptist, Keyston
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records were deposited as accession number 1951, in 1970; 2897 in 1980; and 4284 in 1994.
All items in this catalogue were deposited by the Church.
Administrative / biographical background:
Keyston was an ancient parish. Until 1837 it belonged to the diocese of Lincoln; since 1837 it formed part of the diocese of Ely. In 1936 it was reconstituted, gaining the chapelry of Bythorn and the parish of Old Weston to become Keyston and Bythorn ecclesiastical parish. It remains in Huntingdon archdeaconry and Ely diocese.
Keyston was part of Thrapston Poor Law Union 1836-1930, Thrapston Rural Sanitary District 1875-1894, and, from 1894, Thrapston Rural District. In 1935 the civil parish of Keyston was abolished to help form Bythorn and Keyston civil parish, which remained part of Thrapston Rural District until 1974. Since 1974 the parish has belonged to Huntingdonshire District.