Falk Stadelmann and Co Ltd, 1887-1962, electrical appliance manufacturers
Falks Ltd, 1962-1970
Falks Industries Ltd, 1970-
Falks Heating Ltd
Falks (NZ) Ltd
The records formed part of the archive of Jessel Securities Limited which was distributed by the Business Archives Council in 1997. Other records from this archive went to Tyne and Wear Archives (W. France Fenwick and Co. Ltd) and Merseyside Maritime Museum (Sandbach Tinne and Co. Ltd and Demerara Company Ltd).
Administrative / biographical background:
Falk Stadelmann and Co. Ltd was incorporated in 1887. The Company changed its name to Falks Ltd in 1962 and again to Falks Industries Ltd in 1970. Subsidiary companies included Falks Heating Ltd and Falks (N.Z.) Ltd (until 1951 known as Welsbach Light Company of Australasia Ltd).
The Company was based at 43, Farringdon Road and is described in the Post Office Directory of 1888 as glass manufacturers and importers of gasfittings, paraffin lamps, glasses, chimneys, gas burners. They continued to concentrate on the manufacture and supply of heating and lighting equipment.