Hilperton (Self Build) Housing Association Limited, Wiltshire
Immediate source of acquisition:
ex Mr. A.J. Morris
Administrative / biographical background:
Established in 1953 as a co-operative to build forty houses on a site at Marshmead in Hilperton, funded principally by loans from the Bradford and Melksham Rural District Council, and to be subsequently responsible for the collection of tenants' rents and rates, buildings insurance, repayment of loans, repairs and maintenance.
The Association was finally wound-up in 1982 on its remaining houses being sold to the tenants.