HULL ESTCOURT HIGH SCHOOL/BILTON GRANGE MIXED SCHOOL RECORDS
Contains log book 1959-1968, admission registers 1959-1979, admission register Nursery students 1947-1972, school magazines 1959-1969, carol ,speech day, school play programmes 1960-1971, H.M. Inspectors report on national courses for Nursery nurses 1968
Opened by the Hull School Board in 1902 with mixed senior, junior and infant departments. After 1923 the senior department became a central school for girls. The premises were destroyed in 1941 and the children moved to other premises. The girls moved to Hopewell Road in 1945 and the site was redeveloped as a primary school (5-8) in 1969 and again in 1988 for 5-11 aged children. Hull, Hopewell Road building was completed during the second world war and opened with an infant or infant/junior school in 1941. A separate junior department was completed in 1956 and the two schools continued until 1969 when they became a primary school which closed in 1988. The senior department was opened as a girls school about 1945 for the former Estcourt Street School and was called Estcourt High (secondary modern?) School. Upon the admission of boys in 1973 it was renamed Bilton Grange (mixed comprehensive) High School until 1988. The entire Hopewell Road premises were taken over in 1988 for the new Archbishop Thurston (comprehensive) C of E School.
Have you found an error with this catalogue description? Let us know