Petitioners: Commons of the Wirral. Addressees: King. Nature of Request: ...
Ordering and viewing options
- Download size approximately 1.5 MB. Download format PDF
More ways to view this record
|Note:||Dated to 1376, as it is from the reign of Edward III but after the death of the Prince of Wales, and with reference to CPR 1374-7 p.378, which is dated 12 November 1376, and which mentions a charter of 20 July 1376, in which the King grants that the Wirral will be deforested forever.|
For transcript, see no.47 of PRO 31/7/106
|Held by:||The National Archives, Kew|
|Legal status:||Public Record(s)|
|Closure status:||Open Document, Open Description|
|Access conditions:||Open on Transfer|
Calendar of Patent Rolls, Edw III, vol. XVI, 1374-1377, (Public Record Office, 1916), p.378 (order to give William de Stanlegh, forester of Wirral, his profits and putures as before, notwithstanding the deforestation)
Context of this recordBrowse by Reference
- SC - Records of various departments, arranged artificially according to type, and formerly entitled Special Collections
- SC 8 - Special Collections: Ancient Petitions
- Subseries within SC 8 - PETITIONS TO THE KING; TO THE KING AND COUNCIL; TO THE COUNCIL; TO THE PARLIAMENT; AND THE LIKE.
- SC 8/148 - 7351-7400. Individual petitions are described , dated, and are available at item level.
- SC 8/148/7364 - Petitioners: Commons of the Wirral. Addressees: King. Nature of Request: The commons of the Wirral state that, because...